With the issues of health and safety rightly at the forefront of everyone’s mind, the wellbeing of our passengers, drivers and employees at Apollo Taxis is number one priority.
We continue to offer a full service to all passengers and customers for your essential travel needs and delivery services during this period. In line with UK Government advice, we have a clear set of guidelines around managing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and protecting our Staff, passengers and driver, whilst we maintain service continuity.
This policy has been updated following the UK Government’s announcement on 16 March 2020 of additional measures to manage the spread of COVID-19, but may be subject to amendment given the changing nature of this issue.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
At the core of our policy is an adherence to Public Health guidelines – issued by the UK Government and regularly updated.
While we continue to provide a full service to passengers and customers, we are strictly following all UK Government and PH guidance:
- We are continuously reinforcing PH precautions to our drivers and employees to help prevent spreading of COVID-19, including regular hand washing. We are also providing hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray to drivers.
- We are asking passengers to follow UK Government and PHE/NHS guidelines and ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 before they book with us.
- We are requiring drivers and employees in vulnerable groups – currently defined by the UK Government as anyone over 70 years old, anyone with underlying health issues and pregnant women – to stay at home for 12 weeks.
- We are requiring drivers and employees, who live alone and are exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 to follow NHS guidelines, notify relevant individuals internally and stay at home for 7 days from the point that the symptoms first appeared.
- We are requiring drivers and employees who live with someone or people who exhibit symptoms associated with COVID-19 to follow NHS guidelines, notify relevant individuals internally and stay at home for the full period of 14 days, from the point that the first person in the house became ill.
OUR OWN MEASURES
We understand that people may have concerns about travelling in private hire vehicles during this time.
We can assure you that as well as following Public Health advice, Apollo Taxis has put its own measures in place, including provision of hand sanitizer for drivers, regular car washes and disinfectant spray for vehicles.
We also have an infectious diseases policy, and believe we have robust contingency measures in place to ensure continuity of service in the case of the further spread of COVID-19.
Apollo Taxis will continue to monitor Public Health advice closely and stands ready to make necessary changes to help protect our passengers, employees and our drivers.